Join a company ranked among the TOP 25 Companies to Work for in Los Angeles!
Join AltaMed’s team of multicultural health care professionals in serving more than 150,000 families a year. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention and healthy living to reduce health care disparities in multi-ethnic communities and avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room or other more costly forms of care.
AltaMed is the largest independent Federally Qualified Community Health Center in the U.S., with more than 930,000 annual patient visits. Our culturally competent physicians and health care professionals provide integrated primary care services, senior care programs, and health and human services at 43 accredited sites in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Established in 1970, AltaMed is proud to be a national model for the delivery of quality, patient centered care to underserved communities. We currently have an excellent opportunity for the following:
East LA – PACE, Los Angeles – 90022
Full Time – Regular, Position Req. #412
- Supervise CNAs and PCAs as they perform their daily functions and accountabilities at the day health center.
- Oversee and coordinate all CNA/PCA related services to ensure compliance with MD’s, PA’s, RN’s, therapist’s, and nutritionist’s orders.
- Work with Nursing Supervisor to ensure adequate CNA/PCA staffing.
- Facilitate issue resolution between CNAs/PCAs and participants, and/or other staff.
- Assist Nursing Supervisor and clinical staff in determining participants’ need for personal care and assistance in activities of daily living.
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary team meeting proceedings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of individual plan of care for all SBC participants in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team.
- Assist in the provision of health education and counseling to participants and families.
- Assist in the provision of supportive and restorative nursing therapy.
- Notify clinical staff of any reported or observed change in participants’ health status to facilitate further assessment of their condition.
- Ensure that CNA/PCA personnel record arrival and departure times and all other required documentation for MSR and medical record keeping on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with Nursing Supervisor on all hiring, disciplinary action and arrival performance appraisals of all CNA/PCA staff.
- Current certification in Nursing Assistance in California (CNA)
- 2-5 years’ experience in geriatrics preferred
- Excellent assessment skills within the scope of practice
- Experience with physically and/or mentally impaired older persons
- PACE program experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese depending on location, preferred
- Ability to work as a team member and participate in the assessment and treatment plan for all participants in clinic setting
- Ability to adhere to the sterile technique with treatment tasks
- Knowledge of lifting techniques
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills in English/Spanish
AltaMed offers extensive opportunities for professional development, as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our team members enjoy medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plan with matching employer contributions, tuition reimbursement, continuing education programs, and much more. We invite you to join us in making a difference in our communities and in the lives of others.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
AltaMed is accredited by The Joint Commission. EOE M/F/D/V