OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST AIDE – Bilingual English/Spanish, PT
Join a company ranked among the TOP 25 companies to work for in Los Angeles!
Join AltaMed’s team of multicultural health care professionals in serving more than 150,000 families a year. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention and healthy living to reduce health care disparities in multi-ethnic communities and avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room or other more costly forms of care.
AltaMed is the largest independent Federally Qualified Community Health Center in the U.S., with more than 930,000 annual patient visits. Our culturally competent physicians and health care professionals provide integrated primary care services, senior care programs, and health and human services at 43 accredited sites in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Established in 1970, AltaMed is proud to be a national model for the delivery of quality, patient centered care to underserved communities. We currently have an excellent opportunity for the following:
Occupational Therapist Aide – PACE
Bilingual English / Spanish, PT
Working under the direct supervision of a licensed OT within a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, this position follows through with treatment plans to increase, restore and maintain patient functional capabilities.
- Provide participants with various functional physical activities, group classes, treatment procedures, and support activities.
- Educate patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Deliver equipment and supplies to treatment area; position equipment for OT; position patients on equipment.
- Provide primary OT with information concerning patient responses to treatment.
- Transport patients to and from treatment area.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure operation of occupational therapy equipment.
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Maintain occupational therapy supplies inventory.
- Assist in coordinating Durable Medical Equipment orders.
- Perform clerical tasks such as inventory, filing, copying, and record organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent coupled with a minimum of 1 year of experience working with the frail, elderly and disabled populations.
- College work in a health care field and a Restorative Nurse Assistant certificate preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Proper Body Mechanics and Lifting techniques.
- Patience and understanding of frail elderly.
AltaMed offers extensive opportunities for professional development, as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our team members enjoy medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plan with matching employer contributions, tuition reimbursement, continuing education programs, and much more. We invite you to join us in making a difference in our communities and in the lives of others.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
View a full list of open positions and apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is accredited by The Joint Commission. EOE M/F/D/V