New Employee Orientation
Home health and hospice New Employee Orientation is a 5 day intensive designed for nurses new to home care, providing them with the knowledge and the tools needed to enter this exciting, challenging and autonomous field of nursing, as a full time job or a flexible side job for the opportunity to make extra income.
The course can also incorporate agency documentation software training with the New Employee Orientation, including; Kinnser, HospiceMD, Consolo, Devero, Data Soft Logic.
At the completion of the course, the orientee will be equipped with the knowledge and the tools necessary to independently function as a safe and effective home care nurse.
New Employee Orientation Course Content
- The first day of the New Employee Orientation program consists of classroom education regarding the essentials of home health and hospice.
- The second day of the New Employee Orientation program will concentrate on home health or hospice documentation requirements for compliance to government and regulatory accreditation bodies.
- The third day of the New Employee Orientation program will include instruction in conducting the comprehensive assessment for admission to home health or hospice.
- The fourth day of the New Employee Orientation program will include a home visit simulation.
- The orientee will accompany an experienced home health nurse to an actual home visit for a real life experience of patient care and documentation.
Read Detailed Course Contents