Entity: Critical Care Training Center
City: North Hollywood, CA
Pay: $45 – 50 per hour
Type: Per Diem
Hours: 8-hour shift, weekdays & weekends available. Requires shift availability of a minimum of 8 hr shifts.
- Requires a current American Heart Association ACLS Instructor card
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an American Heart Association ACLS Instructor in good standing preferred (will train interested applicants.)
- Requires license or certification in a healthcare occupation where such skills are within the provider scope of practice
- Willingness to adhere to Critical Care Training Center departmental and AHA policies
- Requires availability to teach a minimum of 2 ACLS Certification classes per month
- Requires the ability to adapt to different teaching situations
- Requires excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a team setting
How to Become an AHA Instructor
Becoming an American Heart Association instructor is easy after consulting with an American Heart Association Training Center to find out whether the Training Center (TC) is accepting new instructors and the TCC’s (Training Center Coordinator) preferred course delivery.
The steps are simple – get started today!
- Be accepted by your local AHA Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with that Training Center.
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline for that Instructor Course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS and Heartsaver.
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course.
- Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months of completing the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators can require additional monitoring.
Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through our public website.