Join a company ranked among the TOP 25 Companies to Work for in Los Angeles!
Join AltaMed’s team of multicultural health care professionals in serving more than 150,000 families a year. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention and healthy living to reduce health care disparities in multi-ethnic communities and avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room or other more costly forms of care.
AltaMed is the largest independent Federally Qualified Community Health Center in the U.S., with more than 930,000 annual patient visits. Our culturally competent physicians and health care professionals provide integrated primary care services, senior care programs, and health and human services at 43 accredited sites in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Established in 1970, AltaMed is proud to be a national model for the delivery of quality, patient centered care to underserved communities. We currently have an excellent opportunity for the following:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Bilingual English / Spanish
El Monte – 91731-2402
Full Time – Regular, Position Req. #102
• Effectively provide social work evaluation and treatment services to patients and families with complex psychosocial needs.
• Coordinate services with interdisciplinary team and community agencies to ensure appropriate patient care across the healthcare continuum.
• Coordinate internal referrals with other members of the Family Support Program (psychologist, nurse case managers, dietician, etc).
• Interview patient and family members; prepare psychosocial assessments, addressing all pertinent issues of participants.
• Evaluate data and develop an individualized care plan. Oversee the implementation of the plan(s) and perform reassessments as needed.
• Educate and assist patient/family in understanding and adjusting to the diagnosis/disability, treatment plan, and medical recommendations.
• Refer patient to appropriate hospital services and community agencies; assist patient/family in utilizing such services.
• Provide age appropriate and culturally sensitive counseling and individual/family treatment, as well as assistance in family life crisis situations.
• Educate and update interdisciplinary team, including residents in the continuity clinic, on psychosocial issues.
• Prepare and maintain all pertinent records, statistics and progress notes.
• Assist in the development of various program curricula (Injury Prevention, Reach Out, etc.)
• Provide day to day supervision hours for MSW employees at the assigned locations (needed for license hours).
• Professional licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker by the California Behavioral Science Board
• Master’s in Social Work
• Current CPR/First Aid Training certificate
• Counseling and listening skills
• Ability to work with elderly population
• Bilingual English/Spanish (or English and other predominant language of population served)
• Skills and abilities vested due to education, training and licensure as LCSW
AltaMed offers extensive opportunities for professional development, as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our team members enjoy medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plan with matching employer contributions, tuition reimbursement, continuing education programs, and much more. We invite you to join us in making a difference in our communities and in the lives of others.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
View a full list of open positions and apply online at AltaMed.org.
AltaMed is accredited by The Joint Commission. EOE M/F/D/V