Rate: $25.00 – $30.00
Company: City of Angels Best Care
Interested Applicants E-Mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213.484.1530
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse provides nursing to patients in the home setting in accordance with agency policies. Prepares clinical and progress notes, assists the physician and/or registered nurse in performing specialized procedures, prepares equipment and materials for treatments, and assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
Strong positive interpersonal skills. Ability to read, write and speak English clearly. Problem solving ability, time management skills. Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment.
- Makes scheduled visits to home health patients.
- Observes, records and reports to the appropriate person, symptoms, reactions, and changes including: (a) general physical and mental condition of patients, and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of untoward changes; (b) stresses in human relationships between patients, between patients and personnel, and between patients and their families ands visitors.
- Assists with implementation and continuing evaluation of the nursing plan.
- Administers those prescribed treatments as permitted by state and federal law.
- Assists the patient with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and includes appropriate self-care.
- Performs selected nursing procedures in those circumstances where a professional degree of evaluative judgment is not required.
Sound nursing judgment to enable the LVN to perform assigned duties in the home setting with the RN and physician available by telephone.